What kind of warranty does SPEX offer?
- Frames: One-year warranty with one full replacement on a non-repairable frame. If your frames become bent or warped after an accidental dog chomp or stealth slide off the counter by your cat, your local frame shop might be able to do a quick and free fix. If not, contact us!
- Lenses: We expect your lenses to last. If you notice anything odd happening with your lenses, let us know!
- Just like all lenses, we recommend that you treat your SPEX lenses with care by cleaning them only with the cloth provided (or another lens-specific cloth/cleanser) and always keeping them in their case when not in use. If your lenses have gotten a bit greasy, gently wash your frames and lenses with warm (avoid hot) water and non-antibacterial soap. Antibacterial soap can break down the anti-reflective coating on your lenses.
- Warning: Be sure to avoid extreme heat exposure, (leaving your sweet glasses on your car dashboard while you spend an August weekend exploring Palm Springs, for example) as this may lead to the anti-reflective coating peeling.
Why does SPEX require a non-expired eye prescription?
- We, and most likely your eye doctor, recommend that you get your eyes checked every year. So, for the health of your eyes, we will only fill prescriptions that are current. Most offices will gladly send you a copy of your prescription via email that you can then upload for us. Be sure to check that your prescription includes your PD number!
Does SPEX take insurance?
- Not directly. But, we're happy to provide an invoice with proper coding that you can then send along to your insurance company for reimbursement. Just contact us and we'll get that to you in two shakes of a dog's paw!
Can I use my FSA, HSA, HRA, or LPFSA to purchase?
- Yes*! Items that are usually eligible:
- Prescription glasses
- Prescription sunglasses
- Reading glasses
- *We do suggest that you double check with your plan before completing your purchase just to be safe!! FYI, glasses are not covered under a dependent care flexible spending accounts (DCFSA.)
- What are all of these abbreviations?
- flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- health savings accounts (HSA)
- health reimbursement arrangements (HRA)
- limited-purpose flexible spending accounts (LPFSA)
I LOVE your logo! Do you sell shirts?
- Oh, thank you so much!! YES! Check out our shop on Bonfire where you'll find gear for both you and your animal friends!
What is your return policy?
- Our policy is explained here. Please contact us if you have any issues with your purchase.