How many pairs of glasses or sunglasses have you had in your life?
Ooooofta, I don't even want to think about that number?!?!
Well, I used to live in Seattle. And I used to buy a pair of cheap sunglasses at a kiosk in Broadway Market (R.I.P.) on Capitol Hill every summer.
Add to this,
- Every pair of suns I bought in April when the sun came out for a few days, and I couldn't find the pair I bought the previous summer.
- The pairs I bought when I left my suns in my car, and it was bright on my walk.
- The pairs of glasses I've bought online without checking any measurements that were ALWAYS too small.
- I could go on and on....
They were inexpensive, so I didn't really care if I lost them, if they didn't fit/were crooked, or if they genuinely protected my eyes.
Everything changed when I bought my first pair of "fancy"
aka name brand
aka expensive for me
For many years, I took great care of these sunglasses. Until the day I noticed a scratch in one lens.
Then I cried.
And cried some more.
<SPEX has entered the chat>
At SPEX, we offer lens replacements. So, years down the line, IF you notice a scratch in your lenses but you still love your frame, replacing the lenses is easy.
What are some other reasons why you may want new lenses in your SPEX frames?
- Got a new prescription.
- Need to change out your blue light blocking lenses for sun lenses because you quit your computer job to work as an outdoor guide.
- You're finally ready to admit that you need reading lenses, not just blue light blocking lenses.
- You're finally ready to admit that your reader power isn't doing the job anymore, and you need prescription lenses.
So, instead of throwing away or buying new & cheap pairs on repeat, why not get some SPEX?
- Your purchase helps people save animals.
- Personalized service.
- A hard case + cleaning cloth are included with your purchase.
- Minimize your waste by reusing a frame instead of tossing it.
- They cost more than $4.95 per pair.
- You have to keep track of your glasses & case. (perhaps a Totes SPEX bag with a pocket might be helpful?)